From farm to fork
Food2Know is a central point of contact for industry, government and other stakeholders on feed, food and health, guaranteeing high quality research and advice.
Food2Know groups the scientific expertise of more than 28 research labs and covers as such the entire integrated chain “from farm to fork”, from researchers studying the relation between feed composition and the quality of food, over conservation and packaging technologies, structural characteristics of food, the relation food - health of humans and animals, all the way to consumer behavior and perception.
Member research groups cover feed, food and health related expertise on 6 faculties of Ghent University (Bioscience Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, Arts and Philosophy, and Sciences) as well as groups from University College Ghent, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Antwerp University and the Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research (ILVO).
What we do
- Unite top experts along the entire food chain
- Increase interaction with industrial and societal stakeholders
- Tune research to practice
- Answer questions independently, efficiently and directly
- Diffuse knowledge
- Innovate, fundamental as well as applied
- Generate and valorize intellectual property
- Identify, in partnership, project opportunities and financing
- Train, consult and educate
Our vision is to become the preferred Centre of Excellence in Belgium, within an international, collaborative context, providing expertise and innovations in the areas of feed, food and health.
- To group scientists from different faculties, universities and institutes that are active in the areas of feed, food and health.
- To function as a direct interface between our members and the industry, governments and social organisations.
- To identify and initiate multidisciplinary research projects that can benefit the industry and/or society.
- To provide scientific and technological expertise, innovations, training and advice to our partners.
- To promote excellent scientific research and the importance of safe and qualitative food on the human general health.